I got asked this question very frequently from friends and dear followers, ‘What do you eat in daily basis?’, so I decided to answer the question in this short post where I will briefly tell what I eat in a typical day.
Before I start, I want to say that the ultimate goal of eating is getting your daily requirement of nutrients: vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, and essential fatty acids so your body can function the optimal way.
As some of you may know, I do 3 meals a day without any snacks in between, for several health reasons (read this here), and if I want a snack I just include my healthy treats to the big meals.
I’m pretty minimalist when it comes to healthy eating so I don’t go for fancy healthy food, I just stick with the basics.
I will start with the breakfast the most important meal in the day.
Coffee is a must for me + I go with some of the options bellows depends on how lazy I am:
* Organic coffee with Stevia
* 4 eggs fried with olive oil, pepper, and turmeric
* Raw Irish butter with a Piece of homemade oat-bread, rye bread
* Oats with plant-based milk (coconut, almond or oats), cocoa, and protein powder
I make a Smoothie with oats + chia seeds + protein powder + strawberries+ organic spinach + avocado (sometimes If I have I add creatine and glutamine)
Sometimes I take this as my launch when i’m on the office for the day
Launch and Dinner
I typically make something out of the below food and I always cook and fry with olive oil:
* Red Meat, Chicken breast, Chicken Liver, Fish (sardine, salmon, and tuna), Eggs
* Potato, Basmati rice, Zucchini, eggplants, cauliflower
* Lettuce, Olives, Pepper, tomato, garlic, onions, parsley
* Whole grain pasta (once in a while)
* Chickpeas, Beans, hummus
* non processed cheese (cheddar)
To give you an example, sometimes I make this traditional Tunisian preparation called ‘tajine’ made of potato, eggs, meat (or chicken), parsley … together with a side dish of lettuce with olives and I’m done for a good dinner.
Snacks and drinks
As I mention I take my snack if I have to with my 3 meals and most of is home-made without sugar and junk ingredients
* Dark chocolate with stevia
* Lemonade with stevia (drink it anytime)
* Homemade Brownies with sweet potato
* Fruits: mostly oranges, bananas
* Ice cream: with plant-based milk, protein powder and frozen strawberries (Bananas)
Basically, that’s what I generally eat on daily basis, maybe I forget somethings but I’m sure the most important food is mentioned above.